Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW training

Options
Mauro HB9FBG
Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Third-Party Software
Hi colleagues,
before (with the Yaesu FT5K) I did CW training with the DM780 without going to TX. Now I have configured FlexRadio with HamRadioDelux and I can no longer read what I transmit.
Did any colleague experiment with some solution or other software? I'd like to train with Paddles and Bug. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
73 Mauro HB9FBG

Answers

• Dennis Terry W4SG
    Dennis Terry W4SG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Mauro,
    I use my Flex 6300 to practice CW with my paddles by setting up for CW on any band and NOT selecting Break-in.  I can hear myself sending.  Is this what you are trying to do? 

I am not sure what you mean by "read what I transmit".  If just hearing your sending without transmitting this is what I do.  I do use the headphone jack on the 6300.

I hope this helps,
    73 W4SG Dennis
  • Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Dennis, thanks for the reply. Yes this can be done even with power at 0 Watt but I am interested that a software "read" me what I transmit. I'm training with bugs and this would help me.
  • Dennis Terry W4SG
    Dennis Terry W4SG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I understand now.  I am not aware of any software like that.  There must be something that will interface with the SmartSDR software to do that.
    Gud Luk,
    73, W4SG
  • Ignacio EA4OR
    Ignacio EA4OR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Mauro,

If you connect you paddles to your Flexradio and at the same time to your Winkeyer (K1EL) you can transmit cw and read your cw with DM780 (HRD). 

To connect your paddles to winkeyer and Flexradio at the same time I am using a tipical " 3,5mm dual audio splitter"

Remember to connect to your Winkeyer only these: 
    - USB cable
    - Paddles
    Do not connect any output connection... it is only to read your cw.

I am doing the same with DXlabs (WinWarbler), Winkeyer and Flexradio. It works perfectly.

73´s Ignacio, EA4OR.
    CWops #2218
  • tparish
    tparish Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Super helpful thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.