Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tune Guard Option in Transmit Band Settings

Dwayne_AB6A
Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in New Ideas
Looking for an option to add a "Tuning Guard" tick box to a Transmit Band Profile. When enabled, a Tune is required before you can transmit following power up and any band change or frequency change within a band. Just want to protect my amp in case I forget.

Comments

• David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You could do it with an Arduino externally.  When frequency is changed (watched via CAT) a relay could latch that uses the "TX INTERLOCK" and a red light would go on.  then you could push a button on the Ardiuino box to reset it.  That way you could decide weather to tune or not but you would not be allowed to forget.
  • W9HH - Steve
    W9HH - Steve Member
    edited July 2019
    I use DDUtil specifically to protect my amp from this type of mishap.
    The auto drive feature will disable the key line to the amp and force the amp into standby by disabling the key line. If I forget, the amp won't key until I take it out of standby with the STBYOPERATE button on DDUTIL. this helps me remember that I need to check which antenna I'm using and the SWR. You can also set an input power level to the amp for each band. This solves the problem when switching bands, but not when switching frequencies within a band.

Hope that helps a bit

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I also use DDUTIL to protect my amp. Plus it has many more useful features such as disabling TX when my SteppIR tunes and gives me full remote control of Amp on/off
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.