Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Suddenly, No Power Output (CW, FT8, RTTY)

Options
kg5udale .
kg5udale . Member
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR CAT
I'm using a Flex-6600M, FLDIGI, SmartSDR DAX and CAT, N1MM+, and Windows 10. All using the latest versions.

During last weekend's NAQP RTTY, I twice experienced no power output during transmit.  Both events were on the same sliceA. On the first event, I tried restarting DAX, CAT, N1MM, FLDIGI. Restarting each netted 0 watts out. I rebooted the radio. Back to full (65w) power. 

A few hours later, I got 0 watts again. This time, I tried just changing the slice to another band then back to the original band. That seemed to work. 

I've had 0 watts happen once in FT8 mode and and once in CW mode a few weeks ago, too. But, I think back then I just shut everything down and restarted the PC. 

Can anyone offer any insight why this may be happening? I'd hate to have to re-organize the desk to put the wattmeters right in front of my face. 

Answers

• Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I am having same issue , but haven’t tried your method for getting it back , I turned 6600 off and back on To get back , will try opening another slice next time
  • Eric Gruff
    Eric Gruff Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I had the same problem when changing bands. I had reload the generic SO2R profile, then fiddle with the settings to get back to RTTY and then save it as SO2R_RTTY (just my name for a different SO2R profile). It happened more than once and both on the Maestro and SSDR. It's clearly a bug in the radio control, but I could not figure out where.

I checked all settings - power out, tune power out, TX filters (very obvious for RTTY), etc. All seemed fine.

I know this isn't terribly helpful for diagnosis, but I wanted Flex to know it's not just you. I spent about 30-45 minutes getting a once-working setup back online for the contest.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.