Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 / DAX issues

Lewis Cheek
Lewis Cheek Member
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
A BIG thanks to Tim, for logging into my system this morning and fixing my Windows 10 - DAX issues.

Comments

• N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    What was the problem? I am getting intermittent DAX issues but might be WIFI related ?
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    What was the problem? I am getting intermittent DAX issues but might be WIFI related ?
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member
    edited July 2019
    Windows 10 update, renaming DAX items, plus a little help from me attempting to correct :,)
  • James Greenleaf
    edited July 2019
    Just want to include my thoughts and praise regarding my recent upgrade and DAX issues.  Lost most of my DAX settings and other issues I can't explain, but with Teamviewer and Tim's magic fingers, I was back on the air on the same day.  Frustrating yes, but good to know Flex responded promptly and professionally  to my problem.  As an old vacuum tube guy, I am still in awe of the new technologies and appreciate the assistance from the Flex team as well as my Elmer, Larry, KB1VFU.

• N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Can't imagine taking my car in EVERY month because of "upgrades". Tim shud be knighted or sainthood ! I downloaded and upgraded one of my laptops almost a year ago to winblows 10 and imidiatly turned off all upgrades and set it for metered internet. So far so good !
  • NK9B
    NK9B Member
    edited July 2019
    I spent my entire day and evening trying to get DAX to work on 1903. I've opened a ticket, but have yet to hear back.

There seems to be some sort of enumeration problem - the audio endpoints end up munged and named incorrectly. To be fair, I'm still using old code - v1.11.12.

I'd simply like to know if upgrading to 3.x will resolve the migration errors and enumeration...if so, I'll plop down the money to make it happen. However, DAX is so squirrelly with Windows 10 Updates that I don't want to spend money for no reason. I've not had a compelling reason to upgrade, as I run only digital modes. Still, 1.x code is ancient and I'll bail if it'll fix these DAX woes.

I'd appreciate getting my rig back up and running. I also don't want to revert back to previous version of Windows, as Windows Updates will happen at *some* point without my permission, and then it'll break  everything again. I also don't want to have to rebuild Windows. I had to do this last time because I got tired of dealing with DAX.

Again, assistance appreciated! :-)

-Jason, NK9B

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.