Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital Loggers 240V ethernet controlled relay switch.

2»

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Would work great if 15 Amps is enough current to run the AMP at 2X1500 Watts output AND it is wired so that BOTH legs are switched off /on on the 240V outputs? 
    There is a 15A circuit breaker so that limits the total current for ALL outlets draw to be 15Amps.

I know in the switches I have used here, DLI WEB Power Switch from version 1 to the latest version 7 that one leg of the input (white wire) was common and not switched with ALL the outlets and looking at the one you suggested has the exact same spec sheet for Power input and output so I would bet it's the same and so you will have one leg of the 220 Volt line HOT going into the AMP all the time which is NOT a good way to do it and would have 120V to ground, This leg is ALSO NOT Circuit breaker protected as the spec says only lists 1 circuit breaker. 

I have worked on the DLI WEB power switches and replace the switching power supplies in them and some versions have a lithium 3032 battery backup and some have EEPROMs  so I know how they are built inside so I would be cautious in using these in the USA for a power AMP as it could really give you a shock.

Best Idea would be to have a Remote power reset like the Radios have on the AMP to control a DPST relay in the AMP but until then I think the external DPST relay is by far the best solution that Larry has built.

Remember Europe and other countries uses 240V like we do 120V and that is why these are spec the way they are.  They don't have 2 legs with 120V on each like we do in the USA they have 220V on the Hot Lead a neutral and a ground. Look at this link for clarification on what I am trying to say
    https://www.bluesea.com/support/articles/AC_Circuits/87/Differences_in_USA_and_European_AC_Panels

73's and just my opinion so proceed at your own risk with using single pole switch's.

Bret
    WX7Y
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Looks good Larry.  EXACTLY what I need!!
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Could you Identity the relay and where you bought it. I would like to find a similar 3PST relay so that the ground would also be disconnected in addition to the two 120v phases.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I bought mine on ebay but check out mouser they should have what you are looking for.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Larry,      where did you get the enclosure?

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    My relay has no part number on it but its a DPDT 50 amp @250 vac and a 12 vdc coil.

50 amp is over **** but I already had it, 30 amp DPDT relays with 12 vdc coil are on ebay.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Nice setup Larry.  Understanding you used what was available.  We did the same but used a 120V coil relay.  That way it could be directly plugged into one of the Digital Loggers IP power strips and controlled remotely.  
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Good Idea, I have one of those digital loggers that would work excellent. I could still just use a simple 12vdc  wall wart supply plugged into the digital logger, i may try that.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    K3MA:  Thanks John ..for some reason i never thought of that since I have both the DL Webswitch7and Microbit Webswitch 1216H  ethernet switching.  I order a DPDT 120vac coil 30A/250VAC relay off ebay for $10.00 to install in the box Larry W8LL listed..  This should work fine.  I estimate a total of $30.00 should finish this project off!
    Thanks guys for all the good ideas.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Larry

Let me know how you make out. Might do the same here although I have the wife here most of the time :-)

I am planning to use the normally closed contacts and leave the DLI outlet off during normal operation.

Dave wo2x
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Dave,  Will do...  My Amp etc is away from here and I hate bothering the guy to reset this and that..  thus the project.   I use the DLI to control the remote PC, Astron Station PS and the Astron 12A PS I use for feeding 12V to the misc peripherals for RX antenna controls and Switching side of things. The DLI also power switches the Green Heron RT21 Rotor Control so I guess the PGXL main power is a natural progression!
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    For what it's worth, Digital Loggers now makes a 220VAC remote switch: http://www.digital-loggers.com/220.html

Just installed one and it works great. It's rated at 15A. Enough to run one amp (at a time). I like to be able depower everything remotely.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.