Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Locking Panadapter?

Dwayne_AB6A
Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is there any way to lock the panadapter? Using cwskimmer with the DAX (6K) and if I move my slice too far left or right, the panadapter and associated DAX frequency also moves messing up cwskimmer.  

Answers

• Boyan LZ2BE
    Boyan LZ2BE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Dwayne,

I'm using Slicemaster and it works fine with CWSkimmer.

https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases/tag/v0.10.1

73 Boyan
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Im also using Slicemaster and I agree it works fine. My request is an option to lock the Panadapter so it does not change frequency when moving a Slice around.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Dwayne, depending which radio you are using, the best solution here might be to use CW Skimmer on a different panadapter from the slice you want to move around.  If you dont have a spare panadapter then it's not so easy.

Panadapters, DAX IQ channels, and slices are all tied in interesting ways.  While a panadapter can have multiple slices it can only have one DAX IQ channel.  The DAX IQ channel is only just so wide (setting in the DAX control panel) so it's possible to have a slice that's not even inside in the bandwidth of the DAX IQ channel.  

Slice Master tries to keep the slice it is associated with inside the bandwidth of the DAX IQ channel.  Otherwise, you might move the slice outside of the DAX IQ bandwidth only to find that CW Skimmer is no longer decoding the signal you have tuned to.  This gets tricky when you have two slices far apart but both on the same panadapter.

If I understand your request, you would like to move your slice outside of the DAX IQ bandwidth in a way that CW Skimmer doesnt see a change to the center frequency of the DAX IQ channel?  That is, rather than have CW Skimmer associated with a slice, you'd rather it be controlled by panadapter.  Or am I completely missing your point?

--Don

• Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The issue is that with the current UI, moving the Slice around within the DAX Panadapter will change DAX IQ Stream frequency as you move towards the edges... I just want to keep the slice within the DAX IQ Stream bandwidth without the UI automatically scrolling the Panadapter which changes the DAX IQ Stream frequency.

To be very specific, I would like the ability to lock the DAX IQ Stream frequency.
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Any feedback from Flex? Attached screenshot has the radio outputting DAXIQ to CWSkimmer but if I move the slices too close to the edge of the screen to focus on a specific CW call, Panadapter scrolls together with DAXIQ and messes up cwskimmer. I want to skim 24Khz sequentially without the pan adapters moving.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.