Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No manual PTT when using SmartLink and DAX

Adde Tjernberg
Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Ok... have an issue.... 

Using N1MM's Voice keyer with SmartSDR 3.0.19 works fine. But for some reason I can't key the radio using the MOX button (or PTT via COM-poert). However, it works with VOX.

If I switch TX DAX off, then the MOX (and PTT via COM-port) will work... But then it's not possible to use the Voice Keyer....

This is when working REMOTE using SmartLink.

Any ideas what to try next?

Adde

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just tried it here running on 3.0.27 using K9DUR's Voice keyer using SmartCAT (PTT) worked fine over SmartLink. 

There is issues with both versions of SmartSDR V3 that there is a ticket submitted on that has to do with SmartCAT PTT not working properly due to manically Key switch like a foot switch or other PTT switch needing some de-bounce added but haven't seen this issue with any software key the PTT using the comport.

A work around for the manically Key switching issue running remote is I use "FRStack" PTT control.

let me know if you need some screen shots of the SmartCAT or K9DUR Voice Keyer setup

Bret
    WX7Y

• Adde Tjernberg
    Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    How would the K9DUR integrate with N1MM? Is it useful when running a contest?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Sorry, I re-read your first message and that as long as DAX is on then it WILL not allow MIC audio to work, this goes clear back to version 2 or even 1 something.
    it is NOT just a SmartLink issue because I run my radio with the remote MIC / PTT all the time.
    You have to manually switch between DAX on and DAX off to use a voice keyer like K9DUR or N1MM and your MIC/MOX.
    This is one of my pet peeves as well not to have this automated when MOX is switched be it serial port PTT or manual.

Bret

• Adde Tjernberg
    Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Ok, then it makes more sense to me :) ... so it seems that in order to use a Voice Keyer with Flex, when working remote, we have to use the VOX. This is not optimal.... It really limiting phone contests. Would it be useful opening a ticket for it?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    yea I really dislike using VOX and would be nice if it worked the same way that it does when the MIC is plugged in to the Radio it self. 
    If only they would make it so you could set a DAX PTT/MOX and a MIC PTT/MOX and have it auto switch between DAX OFF and ON when the two different type keying methods triggered.  The audio path is already in DAX just add a option to CAT and SmartSDR or a API,
    I am not a code writer but I'm sure it can be done with a small API program or added to one of the great existing ones like FRStack or FRLogger. 

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hay Ande
     I just loaded on the latest version of FRLogger V0.1.0.15 and playing with the "AUDIO" tab which has Audio recording and Playback ALONG with AUTO Enable and Disable of DAX when you play a audio message and works really good looks like so far in my test so give that a try if you like, I know you said N1MM is what you use but maybe this will work for you and FRLogger does A LOT of stuff and is still adding things.
    73's
    WX7Y

• Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
  • Adde Tjernberg
    Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Problem seems to be solved in 3.0.27! Thanks Flex! 
    -------

Adde,

Upgrade to the latest version of SmartSDR,  SmartSDR v3.0.27 to resolve this problem.

Thanks for using the FlexRadio HelpDesk. We're here to help when you need us.

Tim Ellison, W4TME

Customer Experience Manager

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.