Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Popping in speakers when radio is in Mute

Steve
Steve Member ✭✭
I  have a 6600.  When It is on and I am connected to it via LAN I get a clicking and popping sound in my speakers  when it is in "mute".  I also can hear some type of hetrodyning at a very low level.  This happens when the volume is turned down all the way and even happens when I "mute" the radio.  Just curious if anyone else has this issue.  I opened a ticket and it was suggested that I do a factory reset. I did reset the radio and it seemed to go away.  Unfortunately it is back.  I am not sure if the reset made it go away or it was just a coincidence that it went away.  I will probably reopen the ticket pending any info I can get here.  I am running 2.4.9.  Perhaps I will try upgrading and see if the issue is still there.  Thanks for any info anyone can give.  HATE to send the radio back, especially for an intermittent issue like this. 

Answers

• N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I assume ur using the SPKR out? Does it also come thru the phone output ? 
  • Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    YES..using Power speaker output..have not tried headphones but that is a good idea.  On vacation right now but will check when I get back.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.