Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 Error Message and refusal to start

Options
Jeff Hilliard
Jeff Hilliard Member
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a Flex 6500 running version 2.5.1 and previously under 2.4.9 (same issue). Initially, the problem started with me connecting using a 1st Generation Maestro and about 15 minutes into a conversation, the Maestro would lock up and the 6500 radio would hang. (I could not log in unless the radio was reset) I then tried my 2nd Maestro and eventually had the same issue. 

Normally I was able to reset the radio and I could then re-connect. Now, When trying to re-start the radio I am getting the following mesage on the screen "Error PSL13V8A-09.20" - The radio then turns itself back off again. So there is now no way to restart the radio. This series of errors and eventual shutdowns prevents a restart. I don't think there is an issue with both Maestros of course and am suspecting a possible hardware issue within the radio. Any ideas?

Comments

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Looks like a power supply issue? Think power supply, cables, connectors, etc.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You may need a help ticket opened, It may be an internal fuse, 8A fuse.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Jeff
    I have some notes on my web page about the low voltage lockups I was having on my 6700.  And  there are some tips on how to measure as well as solutions and test results.  Maybe they will be of help....

http://www.nn4zz.com/FLEX6700.htm#Low_Voltage_Lockup

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    Win 10 SSDR V2.4.9

• Dean Davidson
    Dean Davidson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Corrupt SD card
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Jeff, The radio is telling you that it does not have sufficient voltage at the radio, maybe a poor connection between the radio and power supply or maybe poor regulated power supply. Dudley WA5QPZ
  • Jeff Hilliard
    Jeff Hilliard Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll check the voltages to make sure it is all OK. Thanks for the assistance! Jeff
  • Jeff Hilliard
    Jeff Hilliard Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi all - That turned out to be the issue. There was a faulty connection on the Power supply that became intermittent at times during transmit. Thanks to all of you for your input! Very helpful and problem is solved! Jeff AK6OK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.