Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Proper Way to Prep Flex for Selling

Scott Russell - N1SER
Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in Maestro
What are the proper steps to complete when prepping a Flex radio and Maestro to sell so the buyer has no issues? Thanks, Scott N1SER

Answers

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I would think simply doing a factory reset would do the trick.  Unless the unit has been unlocked for MARS operations, then you would want to get a new turf file and put it back.

But I will let the experts reply.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I would "deregister" the radio from SmartLink if you have it set up to your account.  The Maestro isn't registered.

I cannot speak to the MARS question David pointed out.

If you have static IP addresses set you may want to undo that part, as I think they may survive a factory reset.

If you are part of FRS testing programs, you need to let them know so the radio and Maestro are made ready for the new owner.  You may be asked to do some extra steps by FRS as part of that process. 

If the warranty is transferable there is a process for that.

I changed the radio ID to reflect the new owner when I sold an extra 6300 a while back and I set most things to settings I knew would work for them.

Steve
    K9ZW

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2019
    Steve nailed it.  Deregister from SmartLink (if it was registered), Change the callsign to something generic (Flex or User), factory reset the radio so it has fresh settings.

If it is an M model (and applies to Maestros too), make sure that you go into the SmartLink setup and Log Out from your SmartLink account.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.