Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Point of interest

Tim KE4UK
Tim KE4UK Member ✭✭
I am using ver 3.0.27, the other day I was on 20 meters and decided to switch to 30 meters.  I opened the band button and as soon as I hit 30 meters the 6300 went into transmit and locked up. I had to remove power on the radio and reboot. Has not done it again.

Comments

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    could the vox had been on, causing the radio to transmit at that time....
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I would reset the radio. Press and hold the Power switch until the light changes from green to white, and wait a little while.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Rings a bell, I had similar situation couple months ago while logging into my laptop, it was the VOX
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I would suggest all Flex users turn off their radios and remove the DC power on a daily basis.  Yes, I know lots of you leave your Flex running 24/7, but I've always had better luck with rebooting any microprocessor-controlled devices on a regular basis.  My Flex 6300 gets powered down and DC removed automatically each evening and is restarted again each morning, all thanks to my DLI Web Power Switch which is programmable to handle the power on/off duties.  The DLI switch also gives me the capability to remotely power control the radio as well for remote operation reliability.  The gurus at the local cell phone emporiums recommend rebooting your cell phone on a weekly basis.  I also have a scheduled task set in my i7 Windows 10 PC to reboot after midnight every Sunday evening, with a freshly booted copy of Windows 10 to greet me each Monday morning.  All this rebooting gives me the confidence that my various systems run as flawlessly as possible!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.