Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600m and ACOM 1010 Amplifier - not keying amplifier

Treg
Treg Member ✭✭
From time to time, the Flex 6600M does not key the ACOM 1010 amplifer.   Connection is Flex TX1 RCA to ACOM Key-In RCA.

I find I have to reload a global profile or a microphone profile.  I don't know what or how the settings change.

I thought I had it solved but just upgraded to the 3.0.27.  Now, it no longer keys the amplifier.

I totally reset the FLEX 6600M because I was so frustrated.  Still, nothing.

The FLEX 6600M user guide is useless because there not longer is a enable disable.  

What could I look for?  

Is there a better way to connect?  ACOM 1010 is manually tuned.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    Hi

The TX key matrix was changed in highlighted.

The TX Band Settings window, introduced in SmartSDR v3.0, is a one-stop shop for all of the byband Transmit settings. This makes it easy to see all of the settings for each band (including XVTRs)and to compare them visually in one place.

Select Menu

TX Band Setting

Select the bands you require the amplifier to operate on.

https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-user-guide-pdf/?wpdmdl=5186&refresh=5d0bd7...

page 73 Section 20.

• Logan KE7AZ
    Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have a 6600 and Acom 1010 and use multiple transmitter profiles to enable and disable the PTT to the amplifier.  In the Settings menu in SmartSDR, toward the bottom, you will find an entry "TX Band Settings"  Click on that and it will provide you with check boxes for all of the transmitter settings, by band.  Make sure the appropriate RCA TX1 is checked for  the band you are operating. 

In my case, I have two transmit profiles for 20m FT8, One with the TX1 box checked so I can use my amp when needed (low signal not low power) and another profile where TX1 is not checked so I can run barefoot while waiting for the amp to warm up.  Very handy.

I hope this helps.  Logan, KE7AZ

Ooops.  Took too long to type....
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I'm using 2.5.1, however, I believe that Version 3 is the same.  Go to your "SETTINGS" drop down menu.  Select "TX BAND SETTINGS".   A chart will be displayed with boxes to be checked.  Select the transmit profile you wish to change on the "CONTROL PANEL " "TX PANE" . With your mouse select which RCA jack (TX1 -_TX3) that you want to be active during transmit.  You can set the drive power levels here also.   I have to go to the old radio settings screen to change the "Timings" values for the RCA jacks.

The uggrade should have copied all of your TX profile settings, however, my in "Default Profile" no boxes were checked. 

Hope this helps

Gayle K0FLY
  • Treg
    Treg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well, I'll be ******!   All my profiles except for FLDIGI had "clean" transmit settings.  

Thank you, Michael, Logan, and Gayle.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.