Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR 2.5.1 SmartSDR Auto Connect:

K2KXK
K2KXK Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I can't seem to get SSDR 2.5.1 SmartSDR Auto Connect to work.  I have it turned on in the Settings option but it still wants me to select my (only) radio.  My assumption is that when I click the SSDR icon, I would go directly to SSDR attached to my 6300.  Is this a wrong assumption?

Answers

• Abed - AB5ED
    Abed - AB5ED Inactive Employee
    edited January 2020
    Ken,

After setting the autoconnect option, the radio must be selected once.  After closing and starting SmartSDR the next time, I'd expect it to autoconnect.

There are certain conditions where autoconnect won't work, including if the the radio requires a firmware update.
  • Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I am also having an issue (first time I've had an issue updating) When I select Smart SDR, I have two windows come up one says, disconnect the other says connect. The one that says connect is labeled SMART SDR CAT and clicking connect opens the CAT and DAX windows closes without bringing up Smart SDR leaving the other Smart SDR Disconnect panel open. Clicking Disconnect opens up a new smaller window it says Connected Stations SmartSDR-M: FLEX-6600M with a button saying Disconnect Station, does bring up SDR but then the CAT and DAX windows says, "Station FLEX is not connected. Start FLEX-6600M or choose another station from the list."
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yes, that's what I would expect also but it doesn't work.  Just gives me the normal selection screen and I have to connect to my radio as always.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    edited June 2019
    Terry,

When you opened SmartSDR, it sounds like it had both a "Connect" and a "Disconnect..." button.  If you press "Connect" both SmartSDR on your PC and the front panel of your FLEX-6600M would be operational simultaneously.  This is the multiFLEX feature.

When you use CAT and DAX, you can select which station you want them to be connected to-- it sounds like you previously had it connected to your 6600M front panel.  If you started SmartSDR on your PC, you could connect CAT and DAX to SmartSDR on your PC instead.

If you want to use CAT and DAX with your 6600M front panel, simply start your front panel again (press the Operate button). 

• Abed - AB5ED
    edited June 2019
    Ken, are you running your radio over SmartLink?  Or is on a local network?
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi.  It's on a local network (although I do ocasionally run via Smartlink)
  • Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have started it from the front panel several times. Sometimes I can get SDR working...(but when it opens the DAX and CAT screens close.) I even (probably a mistake) deleted older versions of the program thinking there was something from a previous version messing it up. 

When I'm back on the Flex I have the DAX and CAT panels open vs. 2.5.1. Showing Station FLEX-6600M. However, I don't have any IQ Streaming. It says I have No Panadapter but I do. I also have a DAX channel open for Slice A and show RX streaming from Slice A.

The Device Manager shows correct settings for Audio inputs and outputs.
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Abed,  Have you tested this in the actual release?  Still can't get it working.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    edited June 2019
    Ken,

I have tried autostart on a 6300, and you are correct that it does not work.  It is working on v3 but it does not work with v2.5.1.

I have added this as #7573, and our engineering team already has already looked into this and have fixed it.  The fix will be in the next release.
  • Gary Keating
    Gary Keating Member
    edited June 2019
    Auto Connect is not working for me either. V2.5.1. I have auto connect selected in Settings and have manually selected it several times and rebooted the computer a couple of times but it still wants me to select my 6700 each time I start SmartSDR.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    edited June 2019
    We have verified that autoconnect works with v3.0.27 but not with v2.5.1.

This has been entered into our system and our engineering team has fixed the issue for the next public release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.