Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tim bails me out again (Win 10 1903 es DAX)

Chuck
Chuck Member
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
After a Win 10 update (The May 1903) DAX was all fouled up. Help Desk ticket submitted.
TeamViewer invoked, Tim took control and I spent about 10 minutes marveling at his speed. Couple of dozen clicks and he was finished, set-up verified and checked and I was back on.
Thanks Flex support team for same day service.
Chuck

Comments

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I'm waiting my turn... 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

A little practice on Tim's reinstall of SmartSDR takes about the same amount of time. On some wintry night, with nothing better to do than drink hot chocolate, practice removing and installing SmartSDR. An investment in time well spent.

Jim, K6QE
  • Chuck
    Chuck Member
    edited June 2019
    Yep, ur right Jim.....I did the uninstall/reinstall/restart until my dance card was full. Windows had changed around the DAX titles in sound config among other things I would surmise. Seems like every 3rd update or so to Win10 throws me off.
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Same thing happened to me. Those drivers for some reason don't want to change after Windows decides it knows better. Tim also got me going quickly. WooHoo!
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Not quite the same thing Jim. After an update, Windows decided to rename every single driver to DAX IQ -01 and incremented the number. That's every driver. Dax channels, DAX Reserved, DAX TX. And doggone it, they were persistent. REboots, reinstalls - even my scorced earth method. 

Tim Got me fixed pretty quickly. And Jay is also a good hand at repairing the problem. 

Now I can do it myself, but the first time is a bit confusing. 

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    At the Problem, or the Fix?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Or, see my post here ...

http://tinyurl.com/y4acqc27

#FlexRadio IRC Chat

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.