Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 2.5.0

Ken
Ken Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
New 2.5.0 software. I see Change log and release notes but I do not see the software itself for Smart SDR 2.5.0, Where is the program?

Answers

• kd5foy
    kd5foy Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Not released yet.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Normally I wouldn't expect a target date but being they have released the change log I am surprised there is not a expected release date. I am sure Engineering has a drop dead date they have on their calendars.

• James Whiteway
    edited June 2019
    MIA Just kidding!
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Would be nice to also include ballpark release date, but that's just my opinion
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Soon!!  there you go..lol
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    They did. It was 2 weeks ago.. then after catching flack for missing the date they went radio silent. Think they learned now to wait till it’s ready before telling us. I am all for that. I don’t wait well.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It ia always their intention to publish release notes and change logs before releasing the software.
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Publicizing a release date limits the development team's flexibility, while providing no significant benefit to users. Flex has explained what 2.5 will include; they will deliver it when it's ready.

If it's taking longer than expected, that likely means that additional defects have been discovered; we should prefer that they correct these defects, not release a version with defects in order to "make the date".
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The head of engineering announced at hamvention that it would be available the week of may 20th. Here we are 19 days have passed and still no v2.5. FRS knows how to disappoint its customer base.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Bob, are you disapointed? I'm not. I don't care if it is another 2 months. Nothing has changed on my radio.
    I understand that the head engineer your talking about did not know what they knew shortly after the convention.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I agree.  I'm looking for good, not fast.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Bob, don't worry it will be fine. First off all its just software and second of all, when its baked I am sure it will be released. Often bugs raised their head at the last minute or engineering wants to confirm a fix.

It's a lot like building a house, you can't paint until the drywall guys are finished. :)
    But most important to remember, Flex wants to release this stuff more than you do.

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Maybe they have better things to do than please some hams?
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     I personally feel I have the best radio made. We are all Flex lovers. Smart SDR is amazing software. I know that Flex has there customers best interest at hand. When you have the best, It's always worth it to take the time to make it even better.  Take your time Flex radio. I will be here when that baby is ready to come out. And in the meantime, I will take a look at my 6300 and say to myself, I have the best, and the best is going to get even better... Thank you Flex radio for the finest radio I have ever owned.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    The issue isn't about the delivery, the issue is telling everyone when it will be delivered, then not making the date. So at this point it's just vaporware.
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
     Seems to me is, with the release notes on version 2.50 and then after Flex seeing the comments in the Flex community, Flex discovered that some of there customers may have some issues with the new release. So, they backed up a few steps to make it right. And sometimes it takes time to make it right. After all, It's not just one Flex owner they have to please, It's all of us. So we gotta give them the time to correct the issues at hand. Just my 2 cents.
  • Kevin J. Darrah
    Kevin J. Darrah Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hopefully 2.5.0 will be an improvement... time will tell when it FINALLY does arrive. 
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I am confident you have zero bias, you should write their next ad. I see you used the word, "we." You have been elected to be a representative?
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Its going to be 2.5.1 now.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Burt, is there something he said wrong? He said WE because this is a Flex community and WE must love our radios otherwise WE could own others to replace the Flex.
    And he is a happy customer, nothing wrong with that.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Craig if this is correct then this is a good thing. This means they found a bug that needs fixing and/or the extra time gave the chance to include a fix or feature that was not going to make it into 2.5.

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    The documents for 2.5.1 are on the Flex download site but not the software, yet.
    https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I'm not sure if I missed something but did they add the ability to turn Off and On the profile "Auto-Save" feature in 2.5.1

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2019
    No.  This didn't make it into this release cycle (v2.5.1, v3.0.27).  But the feedback from the community thread provided excellent information to the engineering team and they will be working on how to tackle the technical implementation to address those concerns.  Thanks for your input.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    WOW, I just read the entire 2.5.1 release notes. You guys have been very busy. That is a lot of things to work on and my guess is very few people understand how much work is involved. Obviously some of these are simple fixes but often the simple changes can cause a lot more work than anticipated.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.