Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex control

Joe Sartori
Joe Sartori Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
sometimes tuning doesn't work.  it may work for a few kc but then I'm spinning it and it doesn't move...  any ideas?

Answers

• Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    You have it enabled under the settings in SmartSDR, right?
    Are you connected to the PC via a USB hub?
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Joe,  you may have a conflict of com ports.  this happens sometimes with flex control.  try adjusting the com port for your flex control to a different port.  use a high number, say like com 55, something that is well out of range of the others.  This has worked in the past for some with this issue.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    This sounds more like an issue with the USB port not keeping up (https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118458-How-to-Mitigate-FlexControl-Latency) or a shaft encoder issue.
  • Joe Sartori
    Joe Sartori Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    well I changed com ports and buffers seems the same ….
  • Richard Albright
    Richard Albright Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Check the set **** on the knob. I had the same problem.  Rich  W3OT
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the tip! I never realized there was a setscrew for the knob and that was my problem!
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Same issue but nothing to do with the setscrew.  Every so often the FC just stops responding for a few seconds to maybe 10 seconds.  There is nothing obvious in task manager details, CPU is at around 22 - 35% depending on what else is running.

It seems to occur randomly, not very often.  Mostly I use the FC when working contests and S&P, and of course, it will stop responding.  It happens when only SSDR is running as well as when DXlab and DAX, CAT running.  

I have changed com ports, buffers, etc yet it still stops responding.  It has happened for years over different SSDR versions.  I've read the link Tim referenced.  I'm going to do it once more. 

I think it has to do with port data not being captured and passed on to SSDR; no evidence though.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.