Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote Operation with 2 Kasa Devices

Rick
Rick Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in New Ideas
I'm a new owner of a 6400 and am consideirng remote operation from a vacation QTH. I already have one KASA device for turning on the station including a 12v power supply. It works great. I power the 6400 with a separate supply, but there is the problem of turning in on. I've been looking into Digital Logger relays switches and a similar product by Furman but I thought of another idea since I'm powering the Flex with a separate supply. Why not just make an RCA plug that is shorted and left in the Remote Power on jack (Configured as Active High) and buy another inexpensive KASA outlet. This would enable me to first power with station peripherals and then activate the 2nd KASA switch that would instantly activate the 6400. Does anyone see any issue with this? 

Comments

• George Fenwick
    edited June 2019
    That is how I’ve been controlling my 6700 for more than a year. Works fine.
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Cool! TNX for confirming!
    Rick

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.