Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX disappears when CW in SDR 3.0. 19

Paul Ewing
Paul Ewing Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
After upgrading to SDR 3.0.19 my DAX control has disappeared when in CW mode. It appears in USB and works fine there. When in CW mode I get the following error in the DAX control panel "DAX is not selected for transmit. The radio might try to transmit, but will not transmit. You must enable DAX in SmartSDR by clicking the DAX button. The DAX button disappears from my radio control panel when I go into CW mode.  I am unable to do send CW until I can resolve this. Thanks!   Paul N6PSE

Answers

• Robert Kearbey
    Robert Kearbey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi Paul
    the DAX buttons on the slice are still there. The DAX button that disappears when you switch the slice from lsb or usb to cw. Try it in the slice box where freq is, switch it and where sidetone,breakin,iambic are,they should disappear and the mic stuff comes up wit Dax on the right side in blue. Hope this helps
    bob 
  • Paul Ewing
    Paul Ewing Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi Robert. Yes, I see the DAX button where the frequency is, and I select it, it is in blue. I have tried the various channels, however in my DAX control panel, the TX stream, the DAX TX is off and the button is yellow. If I mouse over it, I get the error message "You must enable DAX in SmartSDR" Normally, I am able to do that without issues but not now. 

Thanks,
    Paul N6PSE
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    DAX is not used to transmit CW. You can use a DAX receive channel to drive a CW decoder, but transmit on CW is via the Key jack, or input to the accessory connector, or via CWX and the built-in WinKey emulator. If you choose CW mode and enable Break-In on the transmit control panel, then key the radio it will transmit.
  • Paul Ewing
    Paul Ewing Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Craig, thank you for your most informative reply. I have solved my problem. So after a lot of testing/trial and error, I have found that the upgrade to 3.0.19 Smart SDR wiped out my keyboard Macros within CWX. Once I tried sending dit dit, I could see that I could send and that the previous macros were gone. So I have restored them and am able to send CW. The DAX error was sort of a "red herring" that was throwing me off but it was the macros getting wiped out that had me thinking I was unable to send CW.  Thanks so much for everyone's responses.   Paul N6PSE
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Paul feel free to call me directly with any issues like this and I will be happy to help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.