Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Version 2.5 Change Log and Release Notes Update?

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in New Ideas
As Flex customers eagerly await the release of v2.5.0 I would like to note the Release Notes and Change Log are now over 15 days old.   I would venture to guess there may have been changes to the software since May 15th and I respectfully suggest the Release Notes and Change Log get updated again prior to the release to avoid any confusion.    It would be nice to see what if any changes have been done since then.  Thanks and 73.

Cal/N3CAL

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Well, I’d say your guess is wrong since alpha testers are still testing that version in the release notes so there really isn’t anything new to report.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for your input Ria.  I appreciate all feedback.  73

Cal/N3CAL
  • Bill Billingsley
    edited May 2019
    Does that imply that we will have to pay for the survey fixes ( ie upgrade to v3) or that FRS hasn't started  the survey fixes yet ?  I'll patiently wait for those.

Bill, N5IR
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    @ Cal - Rather expect  FRS will have a formal announcement.  If anything changes an update would be expected.  

@ Bill - There is no implication of anything like what you are worried about.  Whatever you are worried about exists just in your own mind.  

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Bill Billingsley
    edited November 2019
    Steve,
    I asked the question because a constant commentator on this site made a statement to the effect that once the survey issues have been fixed, everyone will want to upgrade to V3. I missed a Flex statement that the survey fixes will be included in V.2.5. I felt that I had probable cause to at least ask for clarification. BTW, you did not point me to any Flex statement to that effect.

Bill, N5IR
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Bill, I am not sure if you are refuring to me or not. I said that there are some things in the survay that would likely convice some to up grade to version 3.

Because the auto save feature bridges V2.5 and V3 I am thinking that any changes to that new feature will effect both versions.
  • Bill Billingsley
    edited June 2019
    Bill,
    Thank you for the courteous reply. You are one of a couple who made similar sounding comments.

I agree with your statement in the second paragraph .

My question arose from the use of the word "some" in the first paragraph, with regards specifically to noise cancellation in  my case. Too many years dealing with specs and contracts I guess.

Has there been any Flex comments as to the final contents of V2.5 that I  missed?  The last that I heard ,V2.5 is the last of the V2 upgrades. The release notes have not mentioned any survey fix inclusions.   I realize that  its too early to have the survey fixes implemented. I don't mind waiting.

Bill, N5IR
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Things are solid if a FRS post lays it out. They are (much) less certain outside of FRS statements. Those most in the know cannot quickly speak to speculative community questions, as they will defer to FRS. Well meaning folk often jump in with replies that are conjecture. Those unofficial replies often take on a life of their own leading people to further speculation and incorrect expectations. The very hands off moderation style of FRS with the peculiarities of the forum engine, especially when dates and details are inconsistent make the community collective a bit of a mess. The usual FRS has been releasing documentation a bit ahead of the new version. As an Alpha team member I don’t have any insider’s information to share, other than the obvious that as of May 31st the new versions are not GA (General Availability) yet. FRS will announce them when they are ready. The community main page is a great place to watch. Personally I’m thinking version 2.5 is a gift from FRS with apparently a lot of v3.0 code being incorporated. FRS has spoken a bit more clearly about this unexpected bonus for v2.x users. Behind the scenes the Alpha Team members have been working very **** testing the latest software. That group has some real hardcore technical people truly help FRS forge a new version that works for all of us. For those of you who’ve been with the Flex-6000 series since the Pre-release SmartSDR v0.x stop and think of ANY of the other radios you have ever had “grew” in capabilities like your Flex? I don’t think we are anywhere near done yet - if you have good visionary skills you must share my personal excitement where the underlying technologies of v3.x might take us. 73 Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.