Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Version 3.0.24 where is it?

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Been out of touch for a few weeks, I see references to (release notes) version 3.0.24 but can not find the download what am I missing?

Answers

• Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Do not believe it has been released yet..they are saying SOON...so stay tuned
  • Dean Davidson
    Dean Davidson Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    They told everyone at hamvention this week but guess it's not ready maybe a few more bugs
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I heard that it is held back while something is being looked into, also because of the Auto Save feature that has been discussesd lately.
  • Dean Davidson
    Dean Davidson Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hope they take auto save off or add option to turn it off.
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No kidding. Awful the way it is now.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No mystery hear and need to guess, I know for a fact it is not ready. Don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out. If it was ready it would be released.
    Let them get some of their sh*t together, they just got back from what they said their most successful Dayton (Xenia) convention ever where they had 30 hands-on stations setup and the booth was constantly crowded. That means lots of sales orders.
    Besides, further evidence from released survey results release state that "we are nearing completion of the maintenance releases for SmartSDR v2 and v3."
    This bit of new info today over-rides anything said previous, nearing completion means not ready, shouldn't be too much longer, unless they decided to add a few things for good measure :)
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I reverted to 2.4.9 because the auto save feature is simply a disaster. Should be simple enough to allow it to be switched off.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Beg to differ on AutoSave. Have found it useful and all the great suggestions on further configuration options will make it even better. Many changes have someone somewhere who has configured their system so they have the back against the wall in terms of innovation. If you had (or perceived) problems and reverted you did exactly the right thing. That is a great aspect of how the radios take the persona of a given SmartSDR release. Just because your setup faces a problem isn’t the end all of whether an upgrade is effective or not. That the majority of users have upgraded without the issues bothering you, or have found the advantages worth anything they don’t like flys in the face of generalizing your issues as something greater than what they are. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Bill - W9KKN
    Bill - W9KKN Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I agree.. it’s super useful for the way I use the radio (contests). If I want backups, I save the files elsewhere. Having said that, seems like low hanging fruit to be an option, depending on how it was implemented in the software.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.