Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink setup quit working ver 2.4.9 and 3.1.19

Options
Steve
Steve Member
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
my system is a laptop running Win 10 (all updates). neither version allows the "setup smartlink" button to operate. Earlier SmartSDR would not connect to radio.  The radio is on, and not connected in the remote shack.  Maestro and radio (6500) operate normally on internal network.

Remote network is up and running several other operations ports 4993 and 4994 are open.  The remote operation used to work, so i know it has to be something dumb but i am stumped right now.

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Check your network configurations. Make sure you do a DHCP reservation in the router so the radio always gets the same LAN IP address and check the port forwarding to make sure it is forwarding to the radio.

In SmartLink setup go into the network settings and click the test button and see what the results are.

Dave wo2x

• Steve
    Steve Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The remote system used to work and has stopped now. I use fixed IP. Firewall has specific routing of ports 4993 and 4994 to the 6500. Firewall config has not been changed. Internet was moved from DSL to fiber in my remote location, so that is the change action. All other internet seems to work normally.

At this point I cannot get smart sdr to even accept a request to “setup”. Clicking the button has no effect. I suspect a recent change to Windows is the base problem.

On the other hand it does work from my iPhone using the cellular modem. So further testing will have to wait till Tuesday when I go back to work. At that point I can try iPhone on both cell and WiFi to see which works.

Any other ideas? All help greatly accepted
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I am wondering if your Internet provider may be using NATted IPs, meaning they use 1 public IP for many houses. Then when you add your router to the mix you get double NATting. Since you are saying this started since the move to fiber youshould contact your ISP and ask. Maybe they can forward the needed ports. Make sure you tell them the ports and which is UDP and TCP. Good luck! Dave wo2x
  • Steve
    Steve Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    No, the problem child lives in my office. We have 5 static IP’s and generally do e-mail, web, name services in house. In theory double NATing shouldn’t effect anything other than transit time. Now a firewall at the ISP level that they don’t tell you about could be another thing. However we are, with the static ports, supposed to have a wide-open pipe to the world, but it is AT&T. I have verified all ports open.

I’ve got to put the back-up windows drive back in my Linux unit and try that. I always suspect windows and their weekly patch files but it happened right when 3.0 was released.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.