Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

n1mm+ internal CW keyer and VOX

Mitch
Mitch Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in Third-Party Software
Got N1MM+ set-up with my 6600M. Voice keyer works and recorded messages play. Internal CW keyer works well too. However, every time I switch from CW and back to SSB, VOX no longer works and message won't play. I have to deactivate, and then activate VOX again to get it all working. 

I suspect it might be an N1MM+ issue, but I don't know for sure. 

N1MM+ Winkeyer is set to Com 27 through CAT using rig's internal keyer. Version 3.0.19.

Also, when switching back to SSB from CW and resetting VOX, then hitting F1 for the recorded message, there is a 2 second delay before the message plays. This only occurs after switching from CW to SSB. 

Anyone else run into this? 

Mitch, K7RL

Answers

• Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Congrats Mitch on the new rig!

I have to admit I do not switch between CW and SSB in contests. But still, couple of questions to you:
    - when you switch modes, do you do that in one slice only or do you use different modes in different slices?
    - how do you switch modes?  With N1MM+, a SmartSDR client (M or Windows or Maestro) or some other client? I am asking because there is a difference when switching bands and the best way is to use SmartSDR. I am not sure thats the same for mode changes but I suspect it is. So, see if you have the same behaviour if you switch modes with SmartSDR. 

Andy
    KU7T
  • Mitch
    Mitch Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hi Andy!

Thanks so much for your reply. I use N1MM+ to switch modes, and it's all in slice A using the 6600M. It just seems strange that VOX doesn't work when going from CW to SSB, even though the VOX button is enabled the entire time. I like working mixed mode in contests that allow it, and I didn't want to press the VOX button every time when switching.  

I'll give SmartSDR a try. Admittedly, with all of my contest apps running, screen real estate is an issue and it's so easy to switch modes/bands using N1MM+.

I'm also going to try using WinKey rather than the internal keyer and see if that makes a difference.

The rig is fantastic and just loaded with amazing features! Can't wait to give it a thorough work out in WPX CW next weekend.

Hope to get you in the log with that great WPX call!

73, Mitch, K7RL

• Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hi Mitch.

When I say SmartSDR, I mean either the Windows or M or Maestro version. In your case (same with me), you could keep your valuable screen real estate by using the M infront of you. I am assuming the radio is infront of you. 

Give it a try to switch modes in SmartSDR.

I am stressing this, because when you do a band change from N1MM+ it does not do all the same operations in the radio compared to when you would do it from the radio software (CAT band change does not apply profiles, etc...). And I am guessing that that may also be the case when you just change the mode.

Good luck in the WPX. I will operating from W7VJ, just a few miles from you...

Andy
    KU7T
  • Mitch
    Mitch Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I switched modes using the Maestro, but still the same result. I haven't tried SmartSDR because I don't have it completely set-up, but I'll give it a try.

Appreciate the help. GL to you and the crew at W7VJ!

73, Mitch, K7RL 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.