Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New user, sorry ... No audio via DAX, v2.4.9 IP connected to 6300

Steve Potter
Steve Potter Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
New to SmartSDR, main PC working fine in shack, audio derived via speaker port on 6300. On my laptop (windows 10 v1903) SmartSDR seems fine, DAX & CAT installed ok, no errors. But I don't hear any audio, pc set to "Speakers/Headphones" and sound is fine for music etc. I checked the full list of DAX devices and there does seem to be a full set of output RESERVED devices and input a full set of non reserved devices (TX opposite). 
I have probably missed something silly.

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Steve, set your sound devices on the PC to default sound devices for the sound card.
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Have you clicked the "PC Audio" button in the upper right corner of SSDR?
  • Erv
    Erv Member
    edited May 2019
    I had a similar problem and the PC box in the upper right hand corner next to the slider was not clicked / high lighted...
    Erv KC4BJE
  • Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    why are you deriving audio from the speaker jack, and not the dax system on the main pc??

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I did dame thing till I installed V3, only reason I added speakers is V3 won't play back recorded audio unless speakers plugged in radio, less **** on desk
  • Steve Potter
    Steve Potter Member
    edited May 2019
    doh!   I have seen the button before when it told me I had the wrong device set as default... didnt know it was also a button!  UX & UI ****. Thanks that fixed it for me.

• Steve Potter
    Steve Potter Member
    edited May 2019
    Yup, silly me didnt see that...
  • Steve Potter
    Steve Potter Member
    edited May 2019
    Er didnt know any better, There was a speaker jack and I have speakers. But I will still do this in the shack as all my audio goes via an audio mixer (hardware) and lets me switch and fade between rigs, pc audio, mic etc. 
  • Steve Potter
    Steve Potter Member
    edited May 2019
    Yep did that.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2019
    This is an issue (playback audio only working through the radio #7344) that has been addressed and the fix will be included in the next release.
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Cool! Thank you! Less on the desk

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.