Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connect to radio example needed

James Whiteway
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR API
Well, after waiting for several years to get back to coding my app. I have found that with v2.49 and now v3.0.19 that I can connect to the radio, but,  it causes the Spectrum display on my 6600M to freeze and become unresponsive.
I hope some kind soul would be willing to share some C# code that properly connects to the radio in v3.0.19.  My non-gui app connects just fine, after re-referencing the FlexLib dll's. But, the GUI app causes things to go nuts. I suspect I am not checking for available panadapters correctly but, until I can cleanly connect to the radio, (either being able to disconnect the M model display, or just sharing via Multi-Flex,) I feel sure that my gui app needs a full rewrite.
I guess, that's what I get for not keeping up all this time!
James
WD5GWY

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    James,

For me this has not changed with 3.x.

First:

API.Init();
                API.ProgramName = "FRLogger";
                API.IsGUI = false;
                API.RadioAdded += FlexRadioAdded;
                API.RadioRemoved += FlexRadioRemoved;
                API.Init();

Then in FlexRadioAdded():

private void FlexRadioAdded(Radio radio)
            {
                 radio.Connect();
            }

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2019
    As Mark showed, I wouldn't expect the connection logic to change going to v3.  The vast majority of the API didn't change.
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2019
    Mark,
    That's what I use with my non-gui app. It works without causing the problems I outlined in my initial post. I think the issue is when the gui app tries to get a Panadapter.
    There is a doc available from FRS that describes some changes to the api and one is specific to the GUI client and Slice. Unfortunately, it does not give any kind of code example to show the differences between v3 api and previous api's.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TFmsFOUarZg0LCLfZ9Jf292GpqfLRErib9Oe6WzAT5w/edit

Or at least for me, it's not that clear. I have been all through Panadapter.cs and other parts of the API and still scratching my head. I should never have left this alone for so long. It seems like I have forgotten a lot. I'll get there, but, talk about slow catching up!
    Thanks for your help.
    James
    WD5GWY

• James Whiteway
    edited May 2019
    Eric, you are correct. The example Mark posted is what my non-gui client and the gui client both use. The problem is how I am currently getting panadapter info. I am not certain how to bind my gui client properly.
    Fun stuff!
    James

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.