Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Did you take the Flex Survey?

Comments

• Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes I did.
    VA3KBC
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The above link goes to a PNG Image, where is the actual survey located? I would like to take it as well. Thanks! 
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    This link does nothing, I clicked on it and it does not lead to the survey.

Gene
  • W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I went ahead and submitted the survey.  Question three on the survey invites respondents to rank the relative importance of providing "Additional Noise Mitigation options in SmartSDR".  In my opinion, the current implementation of the Wideband Noise Blanker, Slice Specific Noise Blanker, and Noise Reduction are completely ineffective.  The first priority should be to completely overhaul EXISTING noise mitigation instead of redirecting finite resources toward implementing of any form of new functionality, I believe.  It seems nonsensical to bring any new functionality to market until such time as the existing functionality is brought up to industry standard.  My backup rig is an Icom 7300 purchased at roughly 1/3 the price of a Flex-6400M: the Icom-implemented noise mitigation is vastly superior to what I have experienced with a Flex-6400M.  I have kept silent about this before now, but no longer.
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Was hoping that Auto-AGC-T, or at least a visual indication of the AGC-T setting, was on the list.  It’s not, so I commented at the end of the survey as one of my priorities.

Howard
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I guess it really depends on the type of noise you have.  I ranked the Additional Noise Mitigation as as very important  but the WNB at my location works great.  I also have a Icom 7300 and the WNB on my 6700 is much better than the noise blanker on the 7300 at my location at knocking down the power line noise..  It seems to be hit and miss with the WNB at different locations. 
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Agree, added AGC-T AUTOMATION ALSO Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • dl9eri/oe9eri
    dl9eri/oe9eri Member
    edited May 2019
    I second w8qb :

The first priority should be to completely overhaul EXISTING noise mitigation instead of redirecting finite resources toward implementing of any form of new functionality, I believe.  It seems nonsensical to bring any new functionality to market until such time as the existing functionality is brought up to industry standard.
    The ANF distorts terribly on SSB signals and the NB is ineffective on the most growing power-line-modem-noise here in Europe.
    I have an IC-7100 which does an excellent job and would like to have my 6500 doing just as well !
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes.
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes I did! That gives hope that Flex really is listening to its customers.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes.  Hopefully this is a sign Flex is listening and will make improvements soon.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I sure did....Ask to see a CW decode - at least a simple one on the vfo frequency.
  • Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Yes, and I think if they just take say the Icom 7300/7610 as a baseline for good NR, CW Auto-Tune, APF,and many other basic features they would be able to work on the fundamentals.  The fundamentals of bringing the 6000 series performance and features up to par with what you can buy for a fraction of the cost.  Even the SDRUno panadapter (free) that is provided with the SDRPlay has many many RX features that far outshine SSDR.  So, I say back to basics.  Many start with NR.  NR on say a 7300 blows Flex implementation away.

• James Whiteway
    edited May 2019
    Yes. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't, after all the comments/complaints I have posted in the past.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I added to integrate DDutil into ssdr.

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I requested DDutil integration as well!
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Integrating DDutil does so many things. It takes care of rotor control, Amp control for many third party amps, allows macros, SteppIR control and much more.
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes I did.

Roy - W5TKZ
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Mike, That would nice and there is an idea on the list that is #3 most popular by votes that would include decoding and an optional skimmer display all on SSDR. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/pfskimer_what_is_the_possibility_for_a_smartsdr_display_that_combines_panadapter_waterfall_cw_skimmer Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes.
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Yes
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes
  • Everett Simonds
    edited May 2019
    Yes.
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Me too.
    Now that all the advantage over competitors has been wasted I expect that the whole wish list will be implemented in SSDR. It would be enough to go back to PowerSDR (the most copied ever sdr sw) which has tons of features that are no longer present in SSDR.
    I also expect a new dual ADC model in the $ 3000- $ 3500 price range because 6600 and 6700 no longer make sense now that 7610 and FT-DX-101D are going to fill the market.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Now that all the advantage over competitors has been wasted I expect that the whole wish list will be implemented in SSDR.

Other radios can't remote as easly as Flex. They don't have multi client. they don't have AGC-T. Radio to radio the 7610 and the FT-101D are not 100% SDR. And the 7610 has many problems.

When I look at all the other radios,,It's Flex for me.
  • Jose B Rivera
    Jose B Rivera Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes, I voted, but I feel the voting should have been done anonymously.
  • W8TZ Ross
    W8TZ Ross Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I agree with Burch, the WNB function works great for me.
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2019
    By giving your name and callsign, FRS can be certain it is an actual Flex owner taking the survey. I want them to address concerns from actual owners rather than someone who has no vested interest in getting improvements and bug fixes. James WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.