Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setting UP PTT Outputs For Transverter

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Can the Flex PTT RCA outputs be configured based on the antenna selected by the Flex?

I have a Flex 6600 and an Eastern Microwave transverter.  A PTT cable is connected from the Flex RCA TX PTT hardware connection to the transvertor PTT input.  This connection keys the transverter transmitter.

With this setup, when I am transmitting on any antenna, not just XVTA, when I key the Flex transmitter, the transverter is also put into transmit.   Off course, when on other antennas, there is now excitation to the transverter, so the actual RF output from the transverter is zero.

Is there a way to configure the Flex RCA TX PTT to only change state when the XVTA is selected as the Flex output?

If no, am I hurting anything by allowing the transvertor transmitter to key with no RF input when using other Flex antennas?

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Alan

You can do this when you use transmit profiles to save your settings for different PTT TX ports.   You would set up different TX profiles for those times you are using and not using the XVTR.

Transmit profiles are also linked to a TX Antenna. This means that when the transmit slice changes TX Antenna, the Transmit profile linked to that antenna will be loaded.

You  might want to review profiles in Section 16 of the users guide.

If you are using V3, then there is a new section on controlling the TX ports as well.   This is in Settings / TX Band settings.  You didn't say which version you are using.

73, Mike va3mw

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    It shouldn’t be a problem (I operate the same way). Version 2.5 will (and 3.0 does) have a feature to more explicitly control relays, etc., though.
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I am using V2.4.9
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Alan

If using 2.4.9, then you will need to setup unique Transmit profiles. 

V3 makes it easier.

This is mine with a 6M amp on TX1 and the 2M Q5 Signals transverter on TX3.  The sequencer in the 2M XVTR then sends the PTT command to the 2M amp as well, but I could have also had the 2M amp on TX2 if need be.  This is on the 6600.

When set up this way, TX3 only grounds the PTT  lead to the XVTR when I am on 2M.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.