Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M using 3.0.19.119 software, can I disable the radio's panadapter?

Ken Miller
Ken Miller Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am using SmartSDR software with a 6600M running 3.0.19.119 software. I can disable the radio's front panel slice receiver, it appears, with the RX button. However, I cannot figure out how to free up the front panel panadapter. It seems to be always on.

On the previous major software rev, the radio came up differently and did not automatically consume a panadapter. I was able to use all 4 panadapters in the SmartSDR Windows display. It now appears that only 3 panadapters are available to SmartSDR.

Am I missing something in the setup for the new software?

What I am trying to do is have 4 slice receivers and 4 panadapters displayed on my local Windows SmartSDR.

Any help appreciated.

ken k6wgx

Answers

• Ken Miller
    Ken Miller Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    OK, belay my last. I appears I needed to restart the 6600M after disabling the radio's slice receiver. After a reboot, the radio came up with the 'info,operate,setup' screen of a disconnected radio and SmartSDR had access to 4 panadapters (or some other mysterious thing happened). Either way, 6600M operation is good.

ken - k6wgx
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Or go into the 6600M's front panel's Menu and select Switch Versions to get it to log out of it's slices vs having to reboot.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    When you connect SSDR to the “M” radio (or a radio with any other GUI client already connected), the radio chooser panel in v3 has two choices: 1) disconnect the existing Front Panel (FP) GUI connection, and use that client, 2) connect a new client, leaving the old one alone (ote that this second client connection could be in use by another client, and you may be disconnecting that existing client instead of connecting a new one). In your case, instead of a new connection, disconnect the “M” GUI and connect SSDR to that existing FP client. Works the same with SSDR iOS.
  • Ken Miller
    Ken Miller Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the info, it got me pointed in the right direction. My problem, it turns out, was that I had the SmartSDR software (radio chooser settings) set to 'auto-connect to the last radio used'. This bypassed the start-up radio chooser panel and left the M's front panel panadapter in use. Tricky, but logical :) k6wgx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.