Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Voice messages

Options
2»

Answers

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    OK, 
    I will try again - I spent many hours during WPX SSB contest and hated to repeat my call during many hours.
    My problem is still the same - frustrating DAX vs VOX issue.
    I can play my messages with DAX ON, and have to turn it OFF every time after message is played and I have to answer some one with VOX - abslutly impossible.

Problem Statement 1 - when DAX is ON, VOX does not work
    Problem Statement 2 - When DAX is OFF, messages will not play

I used Microham Keyer II before with Yaesu, and while it needs many wires to be connected it did a job beatifully. I am at the point to go back to Microham, unless I find some help here.
    I do not believe all of you do not use some kind of DVR.
    Is there any practical advise here? 
    Thanks
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I have never used VOX. How so you configure it so it is fast enough to switch between Tx and Rx in a contest? I use DAX and a foot switch. I think most contesters do... 73 Andy KU7T
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi Andy,
    I hate a foot switch and always use VOX.
    I never had an issue that is not fast enough, typically adjust sensitivity and delay to respond as fast as you want.
    I do not have a big contest station, in opposite - small city lot with CCR's and HOA and still enjoying contests. 
    But this is beyond the point. Most of the modern radios have DVR capability and I would like to see it on FLEX 6000 or to find out a way how N1MM or other logger can disable DAX when VOX is used.
    Sergey, KN7K

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This had been a request since v. 1. So most likely it will not be addressed any time soon.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Well, well, well,
    Just found by accident that in Ver3 my issue is FIXED!
    I did not see it was advertised, but...
    With VOX enabled and DAX enabled i can play my messages now!!!
    I do not have to disable DAX anymore to get VOX working.
    Sergey, KN7K

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Well, more testing show that while above issue is fixed, however when both VOX and DAX are enabled i can play my stored messages, my Monitor does not work until i cancel the DAX :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.