Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What profile setting do I use for a microphone that is not listed in the profile settings list?

Burt Krain
Burt Krain Member
edited June 2020 in Maestro
I just received the FHM-3 RJ-45 Microphone.  There is no setting for it in version 3.0 for the Flex 6600?  I want to connect this microphone to the Maestro Model B.  Can someone please tell me some starter settings to try?  No joy if I can't be heard transmitting.

Also, if I am using a microphone not in the profiles with appropriate connecting cords, what profile setting do I use?  i have a Heil PR-40 microphone I would like to use.

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hello Burt, the MIC profiles are very easy to build your self and will be different for EVERYONE because no one voice sounds the same and no Microphone is the same so it is always better to build your own. 
    Mainly the settings involved are of course
    MIC level
    TX Bandwidth
    Processor
    TX Equalizer

Using a Program like the new FRLogger which has a excellent  Audio Recording, Playback feature it is easy to record and play back your MIC Audio.
    Then once you have it tailierd to your liking in SmartSDR "Profiles" on the top of the screen then click on "Save MIC Profile" then name it what ever you want, I would save it twice with differant names just so you have a Backup.
    Check with someone on the air and see if you need to modify it a bit but this will get you very close

Hope this helps
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    The FHM3 is identical to the FHM2.  You can use that profile.  

It is just a number change for stock keeping.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.