Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has DSTAR been fixed in 3.0?

Charlie
Charlie Member
DSTAR has been broken since version 1.?.  There have been many post regarding this.  I was wondering if it got fixed in 3.0.  If yes, it would make it worth upgrading for me, even though I have no desire to let others access my radio via the multi-use mode. Not slamming FLEX, just want to know if it got fixed.  If FLEX has dropped DSTAR support, please let us know so we will quit asking this question and move on.

Answers

• W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I don't think the change log mentions any work on DSTAR.
  • Dave N2OA
    Dave N2OA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    And I just bought a ThumbDV  to use with my new Flex not knowing that DSTAR didn't work anymore :-(
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don't know if that is actually true. I think there are many using it just fine, but it has a bug, can't remember what it is. Maybe if you search the data base for more info?
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Heck I didn't realize there was an issue, been using my ThumbDV for sometime without issue... guess I better go check it again under V3..
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    From what I recall you are correct, it sort of worked but had a bug. I would love to see this fixed but my understanding is this was a 3rd party developer so not Flex in other words.

However, the fact that it does not see a slice now is a bug with SSDR v3 and there has been a ticket opened for it. #7372 so hang in there, I am hanging in there as well since I would love to use FreeDV. Maybe even before the 27th of this month which is when the FreeDV QSO party takes place. SO... got my fingers crossed. 2 weeks or so maybe a patch will come out to address some of the minor issues.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Interesting... both FreeDV as well as DSTAR do not see a slice... bummer
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    In the mean time, you can always use the FreeDV program in windows and use DAX just like so many of the other digital programs do.  I would prefer the onboard app, but this will work.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Ken... FYI... I'm not seeing a slice with FreeDV either
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I'm not a big FreeDV user.  I played with it for a while right after it came out.  Then again when the first Flex FDV Waveform came out.  But after I had talked to all 6 FDV users I had been able to contact on the single 20 Meter frequency they used, I kind of got bored and went back to finishing my WAS and DXCC.....

Since then the windows app has gotten a number of refinements.  I hope it comes back to the waveform files sometime.  I would like to try it again.....  Always pushing the envelope....
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I really do hope this does get addressed soon!

I would recommend filling out the survey from Flex. I pretty much-stated bugs need to be FIXED before adding features. Although there are many features that I would love to see added AFTER, I would not be happy if I bought a car and all of a sudden I could not use the glove compartment but was told that I am getting a new dashboard. Well, that great but I will want to use the glove compartment. Sorry for the **** analogy but I think this gets the point across. 

In most other industries, this is not an acceptable practice. Not the end of the world, but something to think about.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.