Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Starting SSDR

Andy W3LI
Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My 6400M is on, Cat control is operational with my logging program. So while listening to CW I decided to double click on the SmartSDR icon. A dialog box opens as per page 10 in the Ssdr manual. However, what I see is not what is shown in the SDR manual. The dialog box shows the radio OK, but does not show "Available". On my screen I have "in use" (flexradio.frontierlocal.net). Also, at the bottom of the dialog box it wants me to Disconnect User.
I stopped there as I have no idea what user is or what I am disconnecting. Page 11 does not help much either.
Up til now I have never used SmartSDR, but thought I might take a look at it.

Andy...W3LI

Comments

• Abed - AB5ED
    Abed - AB5ED Inactive Employee
    edited April 2019
    Andy,

It sounds like you were using your 6400M using the front panel, and then opened SmartSDR on your PC.  When you start SmartSDR, it is telling you that the radio is "in use" by another application, which is likely the 6400M front panel.  If you press the Disconnect button, your 6400M front panel will disconnect and you will be able to use your radio from SmartSDR.

I am assuming that you are using SmartSDR v2.4.9?  In this version, you can only have operating position connected to your radio at the same time (either SmartSDR on your PC, or the front panel screen on your 6400M, but not both), which is why it will tell you that the radio is "in use".

With version 3, you can use both the 6400M and SmartSDR on your PC (or Maestro, iPhone, iPad, etc) at the same time independently of one another, so you won't get the "in use" message if you want to connect with both at the same time.
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Tnx Abed,
    I will write this information in the manual for future reference. Yes, I am using v2.4.9. Up till now I do not have anything that I need SSDR for. With all of the traffic on the community lately I thought that I would at least take a look.

73's  Andy...W3LI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.