Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

does the panadapter show the output from an Amplifier on TX or just the 6600 TX signal?

William Osborne
William Osborne Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
TX spectrum Display

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    6600 output.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You would need a sampling device after the amp and sw in the radio to process the sample.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Do you mean what  we see in the TX pass band? or show power in watts?

Unless you have the PGXL and the PGXL pannel open,,,the answer is no. the screen is only showing what the radio itself is doing.
  • William Osborne
    edited December 2019
    Duane, I have no reason to doubt you, but can you point m o documentation explaining where the monitored signal comes from?

Thanks, Bill--K5ZQ
  • William Osborne
    edited April 2019
    Bill, I mean the spectrum displayed while TXing by the panadapter. 
    Is this what you are referring to?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes, that is what I mean William, the display is only interested in showing what the radio is doing, showing a transmit signal. It does not show anything from an amp.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Pat already answered your question, above. Unless you have a way to sample the output of the amp and provide it as input to SSDR, it has no way to display that information.
  • William Osborne
    edited April 2019
    Fellows I already have $5000 specan on the desk with all the sampling and processing I need.  All that is required is an attenuated signal from the actual tx'ed signal sent to the RX side ( which I thin but cannot find any documentation to confirm it is how the TX signal from the 6600 is seen).   I used to do this with an RFSpace SDR and my FT5000, seems a much better SDR should do it also.
    73 Bill
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Until FRS decides to add transmit scope functionality such as modulation, trap, etc, (v4.x?), check out the Telepost LP-500 or LP-700 with dual sensors.  This device provides everything you want to know about your signal, both exciter and amp.   http://www.telepostinc.com/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.