Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 with V3

Options
Pat ON3CQ
Pat ON3CQ Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have Flex 6300 and 1 Ant Cobwebb 5 band. I want to buy V3, before i need info. I use V2.4.9 on 1 computer only. I usually work FT8 here. Now I would like to know the following :).

Slice A use 20M for FT8 on EVEN TX with cobwebb antenne.
Slice B use 15M for FT8 on ODD TX with cobwebb antenne.

If I call CQ at 20M EVEN I also continue to receive at 15M stations ?

Now I have 2 slice open Slice A goes into TX I don't have RX on Slice B with V 2.4.9.
With V3.0 this will change if Slice A is in TX that I will continue to receive on Slice B or not ?

I have only 1 antenne 5 band here that i use on the Flex 6300.

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    No. You only have one SCU (receiver) in a 6300.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Additionally, from what I’ve seen so far, only one radio client at a time has PTT access and it’s slow to switch.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    And if you use WSJT-X for FT8, it won't work yet. 

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Pat, V3 will not change any of this for you. V3 is about multi client.
    Because you have one SCU in your radio you can only transmit and receive at the same time on the same band,,,only if you have a seperate receiving antenna and you have FDX turned on. So if you have TX antenna on ant port A and receiveing ant on port B
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I use WSJT-X and JTAlert daily and it works perfectly with V3.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Pat ON3CQ
    Pat ON3CQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ok tnx for all information i put second separate rx antenne up later.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    You are right Mack. My misstake. Problem found out to be Slice Master I use for integration, not WSJT-X as such. I appologize for that misinformation.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This is not accurate.  Any connected client can transmit at any time.  The Local PTT switching you've probably heard talk about is only to decide which client context to use if a hardware PTT (like a footswitch going to the radio) will use when going into transmit.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Johan, see if JTAlert-X supports your logging software. Works fine here with DX Labs Keeper and HRD Logbook. See www.hamapps.com Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.