Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5000A VU Module Questions

Andrew Sommers
Andrew Sommers Member ✭✭
I'm looking at a 5000A with the VU module installed and was wondering if there was any effect on HF performance and if it had any effect on the ability to use two different HF antennas for each RX if both are on HF?

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No there is NO detriment to the other Antenna connectors they just add VHF and UHF antenna's makes it the perfect Satellite Radio.
    I really miss mine here with the HF bands being so **** would have been a good time to use Satellites 
    73's
    Bret

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I have a VU5K and the HF and VHF/UHF have always worked flawlessly together. I added the V/U board back in February 2012. Download SATPC32 and W0DHB FlexSatPC and you can get your 5000 set up for satellite operation fairly easily. I currently have two HF antennas in addition to an M2 LEO-Pack connected to the V/U antenna connectors. The Flex RFIO board does the rest.

Buy that radio before it's gone!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.