Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

is there a way to control tuning of Smart SDR with 6400M or Maestro controls

The_Jedi
The_Jedi Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Smart SDR I quite like I would have liked it better with bidirectional control like HRD, I think I already know the answer to this but ask anyway. Has anyone found a way to do this or even just the main vfo because I just like the precise feel of a vfo knob sometimes.

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Sure! Get the FlexControl. It is very nice tuning knob with multiple functions. See:
    http://cart.flexradio.com/KNB-FlexControl-USB-Controlled-Tuning-Knob_p_833.html

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Don't think so. I had a few moments of hope that it is what multi is all about in v3 but that hope was dashed early.

I'm not a big fan of the flex control knob. It seems quirky to me. But it will give you a VFO knob and a few other features. Just kind of ignore the lights and labels on the buttons.

Others are doing something with a Behringer mixing board? Not exactly sure what that's all about but maybe someone can jump in. There's a bunch of posts on that.

Kev K4VD
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    v3.0 almost does this but not quite. Without promising anything or when it will likely a feature of V3.1
  • Michael
    Michael Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you for confirming my suspicion , it erks me somewhat that I should need to pay close to $200 for a VFO knob when I have just handed over thousands for my radio and I won't even get into the discussion about the USB sockets that are not. Depite that, it is still the best radio I have adopted and we intend to have years of fun and mini adventures together.
  • John Sprinkle
    John Sprinkle Member
    edited March 2019
    I use a wheel mouse with bluetooth. It works fine in my setup.
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I just Grab my screen with the mouse curser.. It's super easy???  I click on the spectrum scope bandwidth window and left click and hold it and drag, Works like a charm.... Have you tried this???. You can even whip through the band at super fast speeds, Just put your pointer on the highlighted bandwidth window area and slide it to upper or lower edge of the band, Then left click and hold down. It scrolls fast or slow depending on how far you push the mouse left or right and I can go from one end of the band 3.600 to 4.000  in about 3 seconds or so.... Just in case you didn't know this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.