Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Voiced serial numbers and calls - will it work in WPX with N1MM? And SO2R?

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi comrades and contesters. SO2R with N1MM (and perhaps even DXlog - see older post) is simple with Flexradio as many have reported for quite a while now. Plug and play.  Even with 2BSIQ it is a childs game thanks to Flexradio.   
But SSB WPX is now approaching and to do SO2R without voiced messages is more trickier than I thought. Huh....
However, voiced messages seems to be the rescue. What are your experience with this? Have you tried it with SO2R as well? There have been loots of views but most are a little bit too old to judge their relevance. 
I realize it is perhaps too late to test it for the WPX but WTH.... :) GL to you all in the contest and look forward working you from my remote contest station  SM0HRP.   
http://remotedxandcontestblog.sm0hrp.se/ 

Answers

• Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Can you tell me some more about voiced messages?
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi Laurens. Sorry for being unclear. You pre-record voice messages for F1, F2 etc and send them instead of speaking them over the microphone. 
  • Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi Kari, yes, i understand. But how do you implented this in N1MM? So after each QSO, the voiced message serial number goes 1 up?
  • Steve Bunting
    Steve Bunting Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Laurens,

Yes you can use the N1MM robot to assemble calls and the serial numbers from your pre-recorded letters/numbers files 

http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Stored+Messages+and+the+Function+Key+Message+Editor#Advanced_Voicing

There was a super article in CQ Contest mag a few years back on how to get the most natural sounding audio, but sadly I no longer have a copy. Can anyone help?

As ssb contesting isnt family friendly I'd love to set this up again, especially as we have remote DAX. Its all about recording and setting up the wav files IMO

I dont have a 6600/6700 so can't comment on Kari's original question about SO2R (sri)

Steve

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.