Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Did flexradio ever do anything with the 64-bit powersdr I sent them?

Paul Shaffer
Paul Shaffer Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios

I am mostly a programmer and don't transmit.

Answers

• KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Paul, If you have the entire PowerSDR 2.7.2 visual studio project running x64, please send me a copy?
    I would like to take a look.

Darrin   ke9ns.com
  • Paul Shaffer
    Paul Shaffer Member
    edited March 2019

Okay I found your website and will email something as soon as I revisit my old folders and verify the version you request -- may take a day or two. It was not that hard to port to 64 bit, I just had to redo some of the 32 bit math to 64 bit. You can do a file compare and you can see I didn't have to change very much. It runs perfectly by the way. I am a c#/c++ programmer.
  • Paul Shaffer
    Paul Shaffer Member
    edited March 2019

Okay I have just looked into this and the version of powersdr I converted to x64 is 1.18.4. I can assure you it worked perfectly with my radio. The bits I fiddled with were all concerned with the interface between the public domain arrl fft library and the c# code of the console application. I do not have the source right now for 2.7.2 but I am sure I could convert it without too much trouble. If you have a way to get me the source code for 2.7.2 I would be happy to convert it over for you. kd7yhc is my call.
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have my latest version of PowerSDR v2.8 at: https://bitbucket.org/ke9ns/powersdr-ke9ns/overview
    its the complete VS 2017 solution. I started with v2.7.2 and added my mods to it. I think the issue is some DLL's that are not part of the open source.

• Paul Shaffer
    Paul Shaffer Member
    edited March 2019

I created the 64-bit version 10 years ago so it's all a bit foggy to me. In reviewing today I see that my great technical contribution was change a few (int*) to (long*) in the console project's audio.cs file! (I looked at your project and the audio.cs and I guess you are still running it as 32-bit. I can send you my audio.cs file if you like.) It was mostly a build challenge. I gathered up the source for all the dlls, got the 64-bit version of the fft dll, changed the build settings to build all as 64-bit.
    I have the source for these dlls in my project: DttSP, fftwisdom(exe), PortAudio, PortTalk, pthread, and Sdr1kusb. I think a lot changed in the 2.x project so I don't think I can do much more right now.
  • Paul Shaffer
    Paul Shaffer Member
    edited March 2019

Okay I just read your readme file. You don't have source (or 64-bit versions) for pal.dll, TNF.dll, ATU.dll, since you copy them over from the official version. It would (probably) be so easy to rebuild these as 64-bit, and I wish they could provide this or just offer the source code. These dlls were not in the 1.x version of powersdr. 
  • James Whiteway
    edited March 2019
    The TNF dll is not open source. So, that is probably why that FRS does not provide source code for it. And it's probably the same reason for the other two dll's you mentioned.
    James
    WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.