Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with licensing SDRiOS on replacement iPhone

Chuck Hallett
Chuck Hallett Member
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for iOS
I've purchased SmartSDR for iOS last year along with a couple of the tools and been successfully using it on my iPhone 7+.  

Yesterday I purchased a replacement iPhone XSmax and the AT&T store set it up for me.  The SmartSDR for iOS transferred fine, but when I tried to use it this morning I got a message telling me to go to the TOOLS menu and purchase the app.  I figured I'd play along up to the point where Apple wanted $59.95.  I did not proceed.

After searching this forum I found a previous question that related to this.  The official response said that there should be no problem if it was for the same Apple Store account.  I am still not convinced to proceed because the Apple Store was asking for my fingerprint authorization for the $59.95.  My experience is Apple is like a black hole, money goes in, but never comes back!

Any ideas?

Answers

• Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    You won’t have a problem if you are using exactly the same account as when you purchased the app originally. This true for your other apps as well. I have done the same thing you did and had not have any issue with Apple giving me credit for what I had previously purchased as one would expect. I use the iOS app and love it. I get lots of complements from those I talk to about the quality. Watts K4QJZ
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Chuck,
    In tools to the left of "Buy" is "Restore" that should work for the Apple ID you paid for it with.
    Andrew VK5CV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.