Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No TX waterfall or PWR indication using Transverters :(

Hugh - VA3TO
Hugh - VA3TO Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in New Ideas
I sure wish SmartSDR could display at least one or the other (both would be nice) of the TX waterfall and/or Power indication when using the transverter port.  I'm guessing this is a hardware limitation... TX monitoring likely comes from the directional coupler after the P.A. and the Transverter port taps TX off in an earlier stage !?

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hugh,

You are correct. The FlexRadio has no way to measure an external transverter nor does any other radio unless there is built in integration between the radio and transverter.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    still not a valid argument for not show power send on XVRT port 
    i knot on my system that +10dbm ( max set on mt setting)  on XVRT = 1KW output 
    so usually i may knot that 100% power = 1KW  if all working good ..
  • Hugh - VA3TO
    Hugh - VA3TO Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Flex should add a means of measuring the low level power for it's future designs. They have inexpensive
    chips for this now you know ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.