Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice-Master Set Up: HRD Logbook and CW Skimmer DAXIQ

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Third-Party Software
Two questions for setting up Slice-Master 6000.  Any help to resolve would be appreciated:

1- When attempting to start up CW Skimmer using Slice-Master, I get the error message, "DAXIQ Channel is not enabled".  I have DAXIQ setup to channel 1 on the panadapter, but continue to get the error message.

2- Slice-Mater will not connect to HRD Logbook.  The message, "Cannot Connect to HRD Logbook" displays on the bottom of Slice-Master.

Answers

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi Alan,

Take a look in the DAX Control panel to make sure that DAXIQ channel 1 is enabled there.

For HRD Logbook, make sure that it is running and is listening for connections on port 7825.  From Logbook's main menu bar, select Tools/Configure/Network Server

If you'd like your CW Skimmer spots to show up in HRD Logbook, you probably want to create a cluster entry for Slice Master's aggregation server.

But there are a half dozen other ways to make this happen too.

--Don

• Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Do you have CAT open?

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Slice Master doesnt use CAT.
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Try closing and starting DAX only. A couple times it got the CW Skimmer running. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Don

Both "problems" resolved with your help.   On the DAXIQ, found channel 1 was not working.  Switched to channel 4 and enabled per your note.  Worked just fine.

Help ticket issued for help returning channel 1 to service.   Pop up says DAXIQ cannot find the driver or the channel is in use.

• w6vm
    w6vm Member ✭✭
    k1bo I have been having some problems with slice master, wondering if you could give me some suggestions

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.