Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

poor network status

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
Hi,
I Have flex and maestro connected to Netgear GS105GE Switch Ethernet Gigabit 5 Port with cable ethernet cat6 and cat7 too.
Only when use Maestro a Network status is "poor" on PC SmartSDR work fine, I tried to restart many times Maestro but not resolve.

I not use WiFi connection.

How-to resolve?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi 

I think you answered some of your question, and that is rebooting the Maestro didn't fix the problem, nor is it likely to.

The next test I would do is to have the Maestro LAN cable plugged right into the back of the radio with no network involved.  If that works well, then your problem can be external to the radio and the Maestro.  

Try also replacing the LAN cables.  Some are actually bad and will cause what you see.    

25% packet loss is pretty high.   I would try another network switch.  See if you have a 100mb/sec switch you can test with.

Mike
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi. I don't see anything in the screenshot that might indicate what the problem is. The first thing I'd try is to wire the Maestro directly to the PC bypassing the switch.

If things are good, look at the switch or the unused cable.

If things are still bad, try replacing the cable.

If things are still bad... I dunno. Not looking good.

Kev K4VD

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    If you have not yet done so, try a different CAT5 cable to the Maestro.  That fixed my problem a couple of years back.
    AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.