Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Radio / Noob Question... Adjusting Receive Filters

Dwayne_AB6A
Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
When changing bandwidth in SSB, I noticed the receive filter would automatically notch by 100Hz. Is there a way to stop this happening?

Answers

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes, just above your picture of BW is Step. Step can be adjusted to 1Hz increments.
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    The 100Hz cutoff between the frequency (yellow line) is my issue... When I switch bandwidth, it automatically adds that 100Hz notch. Is that normal and if not, how do I turn it off?
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    I never noticed it before but yes, it seems to be normal. It's not related to the TX Filter in the PHNE radio panel. It might be savable as a profile. I notice when I set 40 meter LSB to 0, I'd jump to another band and LSB was at 100. Then returning to 40 LSB was back to 0. So maybe it's not a profile but persistence.

Is there value to SSB signals between 0 and 100 Hz or does it waste power while adding nothing to intelligibility?

Kev K4VD
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    The defaults (found in the band setting window, along with LSB/USB/DIGU, etc) will set 100 Hz as a one point, and add the selected bandwidth as the other point. e.g. select 2.7K LSB will set 100/2800. If you change these with the filter (bandwidth) settings, those values will be saved per band and restored when you go back to the band. I have not tried, but your custom setting should also be retained in profiles.
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Awesome! Normal and nothing to be concerned about.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    What I have done for popular frequencies I use is set up a memory for those frequencies. Then edit the memory for each and you can set custom low and high cuts for RX filter. Dave wo2x
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks!!
  • Sterling, AK1K
    Sterling, AK1K Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    If you don't want the 100 Hz notch between the nominal frequency and the start of the pass band, you can mouse to the inside edge of the vertical blue bar marking the pass band and, when the cursor turns to a double sided horizontal arrow, hold the left button and pull the edge to the frequency line. 

Alternatively, in the pass band diagram you showed, you can mouse to the 100 Hz edge box and, when the cursor turns to a dark arrow with a dot, hold and pull the edge down to 0.  The selection seems to stick for that band.

Sterling, AK1K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.