Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Selling my 6500 (SSDR v. 1.10.16) - $2100 shipped CONUS

I'm selling my Flex 6500 - still running SSDR 1.10.16. I'm the original owner, bought it in February 2016. It's in perfect working order and in very good cosmetic condition. Comes with the Flex hand mike; no other options.

Will be listing on QRZ in the next few days.  Asking $2100. If the buyer can pick it up in the Denver area, I'll knock $100 off the price.

This was a delightful HF base radio and I was quite happy with it. I'm selling because I've moved from rural Virginia to a no-antenna HOA in Denver, and my future operating is going to be all mobile/portable. Much as I liked the 6500 as a base station, the lack of knobs and dials is a problem for a mobile radio.

Best way to contact me is email (N3JS AT rodentranch DOT com)

C. J. Shelton N3JS

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019

Sad that you can't borrow some QTH and set up your radio for remote operation. Once you get into the "groove" of remoting you no longer have that need to twist a knob. I have the same problem but fortunately have a cabin a hundred miles away that is feature rich with fir trees for rotatable dipoles. Good luck.

Jim, K6QE

• Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
         Maybe you ought to hang on to it for a little while.  A solution may surface, probably as soon
    as you sell the radio.  Hang in there.  You're a ham, you're good at this stuff.

Ned,  K1NJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.