Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius XL Utility Program question

K9SO
K9SO Member ✭✭
I wonder if someone can tell me what the PowerGeniusXL Utility program is looking for in discovery mode? Operating from my remote location the program doesn't show anything connected to my network. If the amp is sending UDP packets, my site-to-site is probably blocking them. I worked around that before SmartLink became available, but my previous fixes don't seem to work with Utility. 

When using SmartSDR and my Maestro, I can see the important amp info (amp power output and amp VSWR, even the amp input VSWR). That by itself is really cool of course. 

Everything seems to be OK as the Utility program at the TX site is working FB (verified via TeamViewer access there). But using that is a bit awkward and I'd like to get the program working here if I can. 

This is certainly not a complaint nor is it even urgent since I can easily see the important stuff... it's just fun to watch all the other information that Utility provides (drain current, Heat Sink temperature, Harmonic heat sink temperatures, etc.)

73, Fred
K9SO

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don't think the PGXL Utility program has the SmartLink interface  yet built in to it  . 
    you will need to run a VPN to run it remote 

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks, but I'm already running a VPN.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2019
    The PGXL Utility does indeed use UDP broadcasts to identify the radio (similar to the discovery protocol on the radio).  If your VPN is not passing UDP broadcasts, this is likely why you aren't seeing it show up.

To clarify, the PGXL doesn't directly interface with SmartLink other than that a SmartLink connection to a radio can interface to a PGXL the way it always does on the LAN.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.