Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote QTH Band Decoder MARK II with flex 1500

Options
Miquel
Miquel Member
Hi i have this band decoder https://remoteqth.com/wiki/index.php?page=Band+decoder+MK2 and i would like to use it with my Flex 1500 but i dont know how to get needed data from flex to band decoder.
Any ideas please ?

Answers

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Just a guess, but if you use its Kenwood mode, using ddUtil, you should be able to connect to the 1500 via CAT to get the frequency/band info.

Charlie KB8CR
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi, even simpler to use a USB to RS232 cable. Hook USB cable to Flex and the RS232 to the decoder. Choose then Kenwood setting in Banddecoder. There is a video (on their web page) showing a guy using it to steer a Marconi PA. Takes 5 min at most
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Kari, I think you might be confusing the Flex 6xxx series with the Flex 1500.  Very different rigs.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Oh yes you are right. Missed that. Sorry.
    After a rapid glance on Flex-1500 specs with Power SDR one way is following. With e g VSPE you set up virtual com ports that you tie to Com port of a physical PC RS232 card on the PC. The. You configure Power SDR for Kenwood CAT controll (TS-2000). Connect this RS-232 port to the corresponding port of the Banddecoder for a Kenwood. This will certainly work as Flex-1500 easily integrates with N1MM with VSPE. Another is to use a USB to RS-232 cable connected directly to the PC. The RS-232 goes to the banddecoder. You may use VSPE/Fabulatec to tie the com ports together.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.