Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ddutil support for elecraft w1 ?

Charlie_KB8CR
Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
I see that ddUtil has support for the Elecraft W2 watt/swr meter. I was wondering if the W1 wattmeter uses the same command structure, and would work with ddUtil.  I have a Flex 1500 which doesn't have a SWR bridge in it, and while the W2 is cost-prohibitive, I hopefully could build the W1 and have SWR monitoring.

Charlie KB8CR

Answers

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes there, used it that way for a few years. Since my amp has very good watt meter/SWR metering, I ended use of DDUtil as I had excellent amp support from Flex and SPE. The SW2 feeds data to DDUtil and is read in the DDUtil window.
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I know that it works with the W-2 wattmeter, feeding data to the DDUtil window, but I'm wondering if it will work the same with the W-1 wattmeter? (That is the mini-kit one) 
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Charlie... you might get a quick answer from the author of DDUTIL by asking here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/DDUtil/info

Kev

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I know....I applied for "membership" on Yahoo groups, but haven't gotten a response yet. Can't post there until I'm accepted.

Thanks,

Charlie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.