Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help with 2MLDPA

AH0U
AH0U Member
Is there someone who has a Downeast 2MLDPA and 6700 using V2 who can show me how to make them work?? I have followed the directions as I understand them but the box does not turn on ..HELP!!

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    so are you seeing the AMP under your USB devices in SmartSDR and is it Enabled?
    That is the first thing that needs to happen to start the trouble shooting. 
    More info PLEASE
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    AMP?? I have no amp.... in the USB cable screen it is there if that is what you mean
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    the 2MLDPA is a Amplifier (AMP) not a transverter, the 6700 already has 2Meters built in. 
    In the USB cable control Panel you should see the Type as LDPA and a serial number. 
    If it is actually there in the USB devices and Enabled you should be able to go to the band button and select "2" then then AMP should power up and work normally

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My 2MLDPA is an earlier version, I guess, as there is no USB port associated.
    For mine the PTT is triggered by the 6700.  I run a mono RCA cable from one of the 6700 trigger ports to the 2MLDPA PTT line and the rf line from XVTR to IN.  That port must be enabled in 6700 setup, then when Tx is triggered you will hear the amp relay click..
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My cable control says LDPA  and gives a serial number but when I go to BAND  and select 2 meters the 2 meter band shows but the 2mldpa does not turn on and there is no signal... Nada and there is 13 VDC to the unit but no front panel lights , nothing and ther3 is nothing streaming in the DAX window
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Do you have the input to the AMP plugged into the transverter port?
    Does your Antenna selection show as "XVTR"?
    Test the Receiver, in SSB Mode go to USB Ports configuration and click edit on the AMP then while listening on 2 Meters click on "Preamp" option box and see if the PreAmp is working, you should hear the noise level increase and decrease, You need to have a Antenna connected to the AMP to hear the noise level change.
    If you hear the noise level change the try the Transmitter, (THE RADIO POWER INDICATOR DOESN'T WORK ON 2 METERS) so you will have to use a external Power Indicator.
    If it still doesn't work then the AMP may have other issues and I probably won't be able to help you further.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.