Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJTX-FT8 Limited Band Activity

Arvind Mallya
Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
In December last year I installed WSJTX-FT-8 and made lot of contacts. After a month of not using my radio I now find very little band activity. I know there is activity as I can see it on my Radio waterfall display. I just don't see it on my FT-8 activity display. I see an occasional QSO. Anyone have this problem. All my Flex setup and the FT-8 setup is correct and no change. As a last resort I'm planning to uninstall and reinstall the WSJTX program. If anyone knows what is missing I'll really appreciate that.image

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Have you upgraded to WSJT-x 2.0?  It is not compatible with earlier versions.  You may be using an obsolete "1.9" version that will not decode 2.0 QSOs. Nearly everyone is using 2.0 these days.  There is lots of activity -- come join us.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I see that you're running 1.9.1, that has been deprecated, the latest is 2.0. Let us know how you made out after the upgrade.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Ensure your time sync program is still working.
  • David - KO1C
    David - KO1C Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I see you're running WSJT-X version 1.9.1. Version 2.0 is current, it is not backward compatible to earlier versions.

If you upgrade to a version 2.0 (or latest version) you will see the decodes again.

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thank you all I'll upgrade, so that is what changed from from December 19, 2018 to Jan 19, 2019. I was decoding lot of stations, so people must have upgraded as I get one or two QSOs when I connect.
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks that was really strange as I had lot of QSOs all over the world and had a gap of one month from December 2018 as I was out of the country. Is the upgrade easy or do I need to delete the old one and reinstall new?
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Decodes went from 75 bit to 77bit hence the no backward compatibility.  
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    When I last went to the WSJTX site to download the program in November last year 2.0 was still beta, so I chose the 1.9. I had lot of QSOs . So looks like most everyone upgraded.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The upgrade went pretty quick I belive. I came in to play with FT8 just before the release of the final 2.0 early december. Very short after the 2.0 release, a clear dip in activity was noticed with 1.9. I upgraded december 6 and just a week after activity was at a pretty high level.

Early january it seems like most had already upgraded. Done appr. 3.000 QSO's with 2.0 since december 6 and activity on the bands are sky rocketing I would say.

Especially 20m over here in Europe are getting nasty. Loads of stations just calling on top of each other and many QSO's confirmation busted due to this. 

Good luck with FT8! if activity are as over here you will have some fun :)  After 8 weeks and 1990 Q I had worked 100 DXCC countries with 85 or so confirmed om LOTW.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    It's a snap.  I am technically illiterate and had no problem.  Just download from the WSJT-x site and open it up.  Didn't have to change DAX or CAT.
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thank you everyone! I updated WSJTX to 2.0 without a hitch.  I connected and got a QSO out of Canada this morning- KI6MOI.  See you all on the FT8 someday!

• Lee - N5LN
    Lee - N5LN Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    How do you check the time sync program?   

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.