Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW/SSB record and playback

Joseph Hill
Joseph Hill Member
edited April 2020 in Maestro
Good morning,
I love my 6400/Maestro but miss the record and playback capabilities of my FTDX5000 for CW and SSB contesting.  What are folks using to fill this void with?  Thanks for your ideas!

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Did you try the red button and the green triangle?

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Joeseph,

The red button Chris mentions is great for a quick record but there is no way to save those files.  it is also  one time shot.

You can play these one time records back by using the MOX button then hitting the play button.

So you have a couple options beyond that but it will require a computer:

1) On a computer you can install SSDR but only run DAX and connect it to your radio.  Then in your radio you make sure your slices have their DAX output channel set and enabled.

Then you can use a free public domain program like Audacity to record from any of the DAX channels and save the recordings to disk.

For playback you can play back to DAX TX, make sure you select DAX as the audio input source (much easier to do this in SSDR rather than the Maestro) and you can play your recordings out over the air.

2) Shameless plug here:  I've been writing a logging program which also will require you to have a PC.   The program is currently called FlexLogger but the name will change soon.

With FlexLogger your can connect to your radio and there is a full featured Audio Panel.  You will still need DAX running but it makes it easy to record and save recordings and play them back either locally or back to the radio.

FlexLogger is a very new program so there is no documentation yet and for people using it, it is a matter of hunting for features or asking questions.

If you are interested you can down the the current installer here:

http://www.ws7m.net/flinstallers/FlexLoggerSetup-01.0.5.exe

The audio panel in FlexLogger looks like this:

Recordings you have made are shown in a list.  This panel will be changing over time to make it more useful and functional.

Mark - WS7M
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Mark, that link is not working for me
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    lol thanks mark
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited April 2019
    Thank you for your reply but I was under the impression that those buttons were far they recording and Playback of received audio
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    They work for transmitted audio as well. They are very nice for transmitting into a dummy load while you speak, then play it back to adjust your transmit equalization and compression. The Monitor does not let you hear all the transmit processing, but recording does.

• roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited February 2019
    You can record it all with  https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I was going to use the program Mark, but I seem to have an IP address conflict with my Flex computer,,so I have to connect directly to the computer. I need to get the .net update.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I am using DXLab Suite and N1MM+ I would appreciate it if you would make some of your features (audio record/store & playback, including macros [voice keyer]) compatible with DXLAB suite and N1MM+. I am have several years experience with N1MM and over 10 years with DXLab Suite. In my humble opinion your time would be better spent enhancing the Flex experience with those loggers rather than getting everyone used to your logger.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I have CW macros stored for playback in CWX, N1MM+, or DXLab Suite/WinWarbler.
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Steven.  Can you do the same for SSB?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.