Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I find the MAC addresses for a remoted 6400?

I have a 6400 remoted on a near by mountain top, I am using Smart SDR 2.4.9, when I open Radio Setup/ Network it shows the IP for the remote Lynksys router/modem as I expect but no MAC which I assume is due to the radio being port forwarded. IS there a way to retrieve the radios MAC  with out running up the mountain?  Thanks

Answers

• W9HH - Steve
    W9HH - Steve Member
    edited February 2019
    If I understand your situation correctly, and you are able to open the radio setup remotely, the MAC should be displayed in the network section on the network tab. -otherwise from a command line on your computer, ping the IP address of the radio... then run the command "ARP -a" without the quotes. you should see the MAC displayed. On my setup I use a static address to keep the IP from changing without me knowing about it. 

Also there is a very useful free tool that I use to scan my local network that provides IPs and MACs for all the devices on my network. Search google for "SoftPerfect Network Scanner"

Hope this helps - Good luck!
    -Steve W9HH
  • Steve Blankinship AG4SO
    Steve Blankinship AG4SO Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for the advice Steve The MAC does not show up on the Network tab, the IP showing is the distant end modem/router which makes sense as the radio is @ 30 miles away.

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    edited April 2020

edited February 2019
    Using Smart SDR 2.4.9 I also do not see the advanced tab.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    edited February 2019
    Here is mine Chhrisimage
  • Michael Wolff
    Michael Wolff Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Steve, MAC addresses are, with very few special cases, only shared between network elements in an Ethernet broadcast domain. It may be possible, if you have a login on the remote router / switch / appliance to which the radio is locally / directly connected, to be able to get that device to tell you the MAC address associated with the local IP address assigned to the Flex network interface. Shoot me a note at kg4y@arrl.net to follow up. 73, Mike - KG4Y
  • Peter WB6POT
    Peter WB6POT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    When you launch SmartSDR but before connecting to the radio, you can hover your mouse over the radio and you will see the RADIO ID: displayed which is the MAC address of your radio.

Peter - WB6POT
    edited November 2019
    Hi Peter that worked thanks to all who helped.
    Steve AG4SO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.